American Manchester Terrier Club Rescue –
The AMTC does not have the human resources to foster, rehabilitate and rehome rescue dogs.
However, the membership is still committed to helping Manchester Terriers in need through adoption listings
on its web site and grants towards the care of rescued Manchester Terriers.
If you would like to make a donation to help rescued Manchester Terriers, the AMTC has a dedicated fund for this cause.
Please contact the rescue chair for donation information.
If you would like us to list a rescue, please email the rescue chair a photo, description of the dog,
and contact information for the public to find out more information. We do not screen adopters for other
organizations and will simply refer interested parties to you for screening.
If you would like to learn more about rescue grants, please see the information below.
Contacting AMTC Rescue
E-mail any inquiries to BOTH AMTC Rescue Co-Chairs:
Manchester Terriers Available for Adoption
Please click the link below for Manchesters availble for adoption.
Grants for Rescued Manchester Terriers
The American Manchester Terrier Club Rescue program supports the efforts of other non-profit organizations and individuals who have rescued purebred Manchester Terriers. Grants of up to $500 may be approved by the AMTC Rescue chair. Larger grants must be reviewed and approved by a majority vote of the AMTC Board of Directors. All grant applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The dog must resemble a purebred Manchester Terrier
- The dog must be in the care of a 501(c)3 non-profit rescue, shelter or pound. Individuals may qualify if they are members in good standing of the AMTC.
- The grant is reimbursement for medical expenses incurred. The grant application must be submitted within 30 days of the expense.
- The dog must be advertised as adoptable on the AMTC Rescue Web Site (dogs do not receive or apply for grants may still be listed on the rescue web site)
Eligible expenses include but are not limited to:
- Vet exam fees
- spay/neuter surgery
- dental cleaning and tooth removal
- surgical procedures deemed necessary for the health of the dog
- Drugs prescribed by a vet
- Heartworm testing and heartworm treatment
- Treatment for parasites/worms
Ineligible Expenses include but are not limited to:
- Elective veterinary procedures/surgery not necessary for the health of the dog
- Food, crates and dog supplies
- Microchipping and microchip registration
- Flea/tick and heartworm preventatives
- Vitamins and supplements
- Brucella testing
- Travel/ gas/ mileage reimbursement
- Grant application with all fields completed
- If a shelter, rescue, or pound, proof of 501(c)3 status must be submitted. If an individual, must be a member in good standing of the AMTC.
- Signed letter from the rescue organization or individual affirming that the dog is in their care and available for adoption
- Photos of the dog: front facing and standing profile. Or a representative approved by the AMTC Rescue Chair may view the dog in-person to verify the dog resembles a purebred Manchester Terrier
- Veterinary invoice with all applicable expenses underlined or highlighted
- Letter from the veterinarian affirming that a dog matching the rescue dog’s description received the listed treatment at his/her practice
- Photo and bio for adoption listing
Click here to download the grant application.